Write performance of ordered event batches over multiple streams

We are generating large batches of events where each event belongs to a different stream. What is the most performant way to write the events in the order generated and ensure ordering of the $all stream? I could not find a client API to write batches of events across multiple streams.

James,

How are you able to write a batch of events to multple streams?

Yes.

• A large number of events are produced in many “batches”
  • One or more events in each “batch” may belong to any given stream, but this is quite random
  • Objectives are to have the most performant write throughput and ensure $all reflects the order the events were created over all “batches”
  • I’m wondering if it is possible to write large “batches” of events
  • From what I can find, the client API supports appending 1-n events in the context of a stream

Have thought about using multiple writers, but this wouldn’t preserve the ordering of $all.

James,

Struggling to get my head round this.
How are your batches initially created? Are they beign read from an Evenstore to start with, then batched up, then rewritten?

• New events are created en-masse by a process
  • There is no domain concept of “batch” pur se, it’s just an expression I use to mean writing a large block of the new events in one round-trip
  • The eventstore may already have a stream that any given event may logically belong to

In many ways, what I want to do is append to the $all stream (which you cannot do) or append an EventRecord to the transaction file.

What is the business goal of what you are doing ?