I’m trying to run Event Store 3.4.0 in a VM hosted inside Azure and I can access it on the VM but not externally. I’ve had similar problems with running it on Linux and Windows Server 2012; I would prefer to run on Linux but will keep this post specific to Windows since I’m more familiar with it (and currently have a VM to try solutions on).
What I have done:
- Created Windows 2012 R2 VM in Azure
- Added ports 1113 and 2113 to the Network Security Group in Azure
- Changed the VM public IP address to be static in Azure
- Downloaded and run Event Store in admin PowerShell: .\EventStore.ClusterNode.exe --db .\data --log .\logs --ext-http-prefixes=“http://*:2113/”
At this point I can access the Web UI locally on the VM by browsing to http://127.0.0.1:2113
- Run: netsh http add urlacl url=http://+:2113/ user=someadminuser
This seems to break access to the Web UI locally on the VM; getting 503 errors. “netsh http show urlacl” shows only one entry for 2113 (see below)
- Run from remote machine: curl --head http://vm-ip-address:2113/
This returns “Operation timed out”
- Removed urlacl and replace with “http://vm-ip-address:2113/” to see if it would work…
- Also tried running Event Store as: .\EventStore.ClusterNode.exe --db .\data --log .\logs --ext-http-prefixes=“http://*:2113/” --ext-ip=vm-ip-address
Any help would be appreciated. I’m at a bit of a loss of what to try next.
netsh http show urlacl:
Reserved URL : http://+:2113/