Trouble getting EventStore installed on openSUSE

I’m currently on openSUSE Tumbleweed, and struggling to get EventStore installed. The installation script doesn’t work for Tumbleweed. The build instructions indicate that Mono is supported, but they don’t give any instructions for building with it. There’s an msbuild fork for Mono, but it doesn’t seem to build at the moment. The official .Net isn’t supported on Tumbleweed either, but I was able to install from a tarball without any trouble. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to build EventStore with that. I get a bunch of warnings that look like

/home/dfeuer/dotnet/sdk/3.0.100/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2106,5): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly “System”. Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. [/home/dfeuer/src/EventStore/src/EventStore.Rags/EventStore.Rags.csproj]

/home/dfeuer/dotnet/sdk/3.0.100/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(2106,5): warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly “System.Data”. Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. [/home/dfeuer/src/EventStore/src/EventStore.Rags/EventStore.Rags.csproj]

Unfortunately, I also get some errors that look like this:

CSC : error CS0006: Metadata file ‘/mscorlib.dll’ could not be found [/home/dfeuer/src/EventStore/src/EventStore.Common.Utils/EventStore.Common.Utils.csproj]

CSC : error CS0006: Metadata file ‘/mscorlib.dll’ could not be found [/home/dfeuer/src/EventStore/src/EventStore.Rags/EventStore.Rags.csproj]

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance,

David Feuer

Hi,

You’re likely better off downloading the CentOS RPM and installing that - Mono is statically linked then. We don’t build or test on OpenSUSE, so I can’t really speak for the version of Mono supplied there.

Worth noting that as of version 6 the server will be on .NET Core, which may make things easier.

Thanks,

James