Restore backup to a different region

Hi, everyone!
I have created backup with network and peering in AWS region eu-west-1. Can I restore backup with network in other region (f.e. eu-west-2) but in the same project?

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to restore the snapshot to another region as it’s not supported by the cloud provider. To enable it, we would need to copy the snapshot to another region and restore from there. It hasn’t been implemented yet.

Hi @alexey.zimarev ! Anything changed since your last message? I am also interested in a solution to backup my cluster in one region and copy the backup over to another region and be able to restore it there. Use case is disaster recovery. Thanks in advance. Regards.

HI Sebastian, I saw your message in support chat too, sorry I didn’t reply in time. It’s still not resolved, although we have plans to allow downloading backups. However, it won’t solve your case as you won’t be able to create a cloud cluster in another region from that backup. We haven’t designed a solution for that case just yet.

You could, however, replicate two clusters using our Replicator as long as you can set it up in a way that it can talk to both clusters. It might require rather complex network setup, or a third-party VPN solution like Tailscale as Replicator needs direct access to both clusters.