Projection failure

I’m getting a weird projection failure

The githubcommits projection failed to process an event.
Handler: EventStore.Projections.Core.Services.v8.DefaultV8ProjectionStateHandler
Event Position: github: 288488

Terminated? What did I do wrong?

The event being indexed is rather large, apparently somebody thought a 2MB commit message wasn’t a big deal. Is this a potential factor?

James said it might be something to do with the time it takes to run, how can I progress with this projection? This is costing me money by the hour :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Rob

The projection itself is pretty simples

fromStream(“github”)

.when({

“$init”: function(state, ev) {

return {}

},

PushEvent: function(state, ev) {

for(var i = 0 ; i < ev.body.payload.commits.length; i++) {

var commit = ev.body.payload.commits[i]

var repo = ev.body.repo

emit(“commits”, “Commit”, {

commit: commit,

repo: repo

})

}

}

})

Rob,

For now, there is only one reason for this message. It is JS running for more than approx. 1 second handling a single event.
You must be doing something very complex or handle really large event/state to get this.

-yuriy

Okay, is there a way to disable or change this behaviour? It’s a large event, I can’t do much about that.

Sod it

if(commit.message.length > 2048) continue

Nobody needs to know except you and me and anybody else reading this mailing list.

Rob,

1. system projections: it was buggy initialization procedure. There was a screen allowing to create system projections manually. It needs to be patched to work for you. See details below.

2. large events: I’ll add an option on projection to configure timeout and fix error message.

Patching:

in the

singlenode-web\post-standard-projection.htm

replace the single line with $.ajax with: (changes in bold)

$.ajax("/projections/continuous?**emit=yes&checkpoints=yes&enabled=yes&**name=" + name + “&type=” + encodeURIComponent($("#type").val()), {

Then go to:

*projections->new-projection->“You can also post a standard projection” (link at the bottom)

*create projections you need

categorization projections need a source with a single ‘-’(minus) which is used as a separator in stream names.

-yuriy

or just take it from

https://github.com/EventStore/EventStore/blob/136424bd5a2467a3bd919cfcaef888dfd798722a/src/EventStore/EventStore.SingleNode.Web/singlenode-web/post-standard-projection.htm

thanks, I’ll give that a go :slight_smile: