'Metadata' regarding streams

I have not found a complete answer on this one yet, so I’m hoping someone out there will be able to shed some light on this for me. We are looking for a way to efficiently view all created streams - more from an administrative level - but I’m not sure where to start with building a query for that. I don’t believe that functionality already exists and I’m assuming we’ll have to roll some code, however I’m hoping we’ll be able to hook into some existing classes/functionality and build from there.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of stream ‘metadata’ or have an idea of where to start in the existing EventStore code?

Thanks!

There is a system event called StreamCreated, this is how the recently created streams in the ui works.

if $streams is enabled there is that stream.

So, using the $streams stream, I’m assuming that one would need to just left-fold through the stream events to discover what streams had been created since event 0 or since the last checkpoint - am I on the right track there? Outside of the stream/events themselves, there isn’t another method to discover what streams have been created? When you step back, that makes sense in the bigger picture - I just want to make sure I’m understanding correctly.

And you can subscribe to them ....