How can I read events only for a certain entityId?

My aggregate root needs to read and apply the events only for the current entityId. How can I read these from Eventstore and filter on entityId? I use the .Net API.

use a stream name of the aggregate id then just read the stream.

ok, I see now that it seems to be a practice to let the stream name be a function of the aggregate’s identity. A bit weird at first thought, I must admit:)

How else would you load the events for a particular aggregate on request?

I have to admit I get a bit stuck on this as well, not because I want to economize on streams, but I do want to economize on round trips.
I have a stream called ‘teams’, and when I build state from the events, I make each team a key in the teams object.

I hope I don’t regret this decision, but it is hard to imagine good economy in building a list of 50-200 teams by making 50-200 server requests.

Is there a standard set of pros/cons you go through over these kinds of trade-offs?

This is more about modeling aggregates than about eventstore. How would you model things in a document database?

Collection = teams. There would be a document record for each team.
– (still learning aggregate terms and principles… went back to http://vaughnvernon.co/?p=879 before this reply. :slight_smile: )

But with that I could make one query to make a list for the view.

The need for (1-n) server requests per stream factors into any preference I am otherwise inclined to implement like one stream er team entity.

You can have one stream per aggregate

or

one stream containing all the same Domain events with the $correlationId set in the event’s metadata

https://eventstore.org/docs/server/4.0.0/metadata-and-reserved-names/

A view is usually populated from a readmodel.

If you want to do it 100% eventstore there are a couple of options:

• Read from $ce-team (built in projection by category)

• Create a custom projection stream with only necessary events.

• Create a custom projection with state.

Aggregate equals stream. It’s totally fine to model it in other ways, but then it’s not an aggregate.

/Peter