I’m using subscriptions to keep some read-models up to date and I’m wondering which direction I should take.
- Big Monolithic Model (shared across all views)
- One subscription per stream
- Higher network latency aspect.
- Easy on the EventStore server.
- Models per View
- Lowest network latency potential.
- Many subscriptions to a single stream.
More stress on the EventStore server?
If this were just one stream at a time, I wouldn’t even bother asking the question. But, it’s entirely possible that, in the second case, we would end up with thousands of subscriptions.
Is there a recommended upper limit to the amount of subscriptions to one stream or to a connection in general? Or should I not worry about it?