eventstore-oss 3.4.0 server crashing with System.NullReferenceException

Hi,

I'm experiencing periodic crashes (once or twice per day, no discernable pattern) on the OSS version of ES from the PackageCloud repo on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on an AWS EC2 t2.micro instance. Low load as it's just staging; I do poll a single stream every second or so, with occasional writes. CPU and memory usage look fine. Happy to provide any other details, not 100% sure what to look for for ES though.

The logs in /var/log/eventstore/<date>/0.0.0.0-2113-cluster-node.log show just the startup log messages, however I found the following at the top of today's upstart log:

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at System.Threading.Timer+Scheduler.SchedulerThread () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[05793,01,04:32:45.827]

No information as to what is trying to be referenced, and I'm not sure where else to look. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brenton

Which linux kernel are you running? There was a kernel regression
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1450584 in Linux
ip-172-31-40-115 3.13.0-48-generic #80-Ubuntu SMP newer version did
not have the issue

Cheers Greg,

I was indeed running 3.13.0-48. Did a dist-upgrade, and am now on 3.13.0-77, so hopefully that's that; I haven't had the same issue running under docker on CoreOS stable (4.2.2), or on my dev box (4.3.3). If I should happen to bump up against it again, I'll reply again.

Thanks for your (as usual) helpful advice.

Brenton.

Hi, any progress with this issue?
Occasional crash on 16.04 + official deb package with dynamic mono and projections enabled.

Docker 1.6.2 on host machine 14.04 ubuntu

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at System.Threading.Timer+Scheduler.SchedulerThread () [0x00000] in :0

at System.Threading.Thread.StartInternal () [0x00000] in :0

How can I report additional information regarding the crush?

Progress with what issue? It is a kernel regression.