EventStore doesn't start up (first time use)

I’m trying to startup a server of EventStore on OSx through Node.JS (via: child_process.spawn), because I want to startup a development environment with Node & EventStore easily (I want to use the NPM package in a Meteor.JS package).

Unfortunately starting up EventStore throws an error:

[01034,17,13:13:11.254] Couldn’t get drive name for directory ‘/event-store-server-3.0.3-osx/server/data’ on Unix.
ApplicationName=‘df’, CommandLine=’-P /event-store-server-3.0.3-osx/server/data’, CurrentDirectory=’’, Native error= Cannot find the specified file

``

Within the node log I find this:

[PID:01034:017 2015.05.29 13:13:11.254 DEBUG MonitoringService ] Couldn’t get drive name for directory ‘/event-store-server-3.0.3-osx/serve
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: ApplicationName=‘df’, CommandLine=’-P /event-store-server-3.0.3-osx/server/data’, CurrentDirectory=’’,

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000] in :0

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000] in :0

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) [0x00000] in :0

at EventStore.Common.Utils.ShellExecutor.GetOutput (System.String command, System.String args) [0x00000] in :0

at EventStore.Core.Services.Monitoring.Stats.EsDriveInfo.GetDirectoryRootInUnix (System.String directory, ILogger log) [0x00000] in :0

``

I found one other similar error, but there was a mention of lack of memory, don’t think that is the case for me, as there have been no writes to the database.

Anyone an idea?

Many thanks!

Looks like you set an invalid path to your database?
'/event-store-server-3.0.3-osx/server/data‘

There is an placeholder inside.

Daniel

That would’ve been an easy fix, but unfortunately, that’s an edit I did before posting it here…

try running df -P path

Thats whats causing the error. What kind of mount is being pointed at?

I have a hacky set of code that runs EventStore from nodejs here https://github.com/bmavity/ges-test-helper/blob/master/ges-test-helper.js

Maybe if you can get that working it can help you figure out what you’re missing. You can use it like below (sorry for the formatting).

var ges = require(‘ges-test-client’)
ges({ tcpPort: 3456 }, function(err, es) {
if(err) return done(err)
// use EventStore here
}

Brian