EventStore clients and HashiCorp Vault integration

Hi all,

I was wondering whether there was an EventStore client for GoLang that allows subscribing to streams and persistent connections.

I also wonder whether anybody has done any integration with the HashiCorp Vault product to enable dynamic creation of users and rotation of root credentials

I look forward to any information that is available.

Kind regards

Sean.

I started a golang tcp client for Event Store a couple of years ago but it hasn’t received much love.

I would be keen to pick it up again if there is interest in a golang tcp client for Event Store.

Hi Pieter,

I’m definitely interested. What functionality is lacking from the current client?

I’m looking for something that allows me to bulk upload events to streams, I don’t know whether this exists in some form?

Cheers

Sean.

On Behalf Of Pieter Germishuys

Hi Sean,
All of the basic functionality should be there. I have yet to profile it to see how well it does under load.

When I say “basic functionality”, i’m talking about reading, writing, subscriptions (persistent as well as catchup)

Hi
Pieter,

Thank you for your response this looks a really good library. I was wondering whether you currently support the management of users? If not, I’m happy to help with this, as it’s something I need.

Kind regards

Sean.

Hi Sean,
Thank you for the kind words.

If there is a need to get this library up and going again, i’m more than happy to start working on it with you.

The library does not currently support the management of users, no.

Kind Regards

Hi Pieter,

It would definitely be useful, as we’re writing more code in golang, along with C#.

Other than user management, are there any other features the library needs to get the feature set on par with the official clients?

Does the library just support protocol buffers and not Json?

Cheers

Sean.