Can't run projections - An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format

We are attempted to start a projection and the following error is displayed:

An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

The projection has been run on different versions of Windows, but we are having issues with this one particular setup:

Windows Embedded POSReady 2009

Version 2.0

Service Pack 3

From what we can tell the ES has started up without any issues, and we can start system projections, but as soon as we try to launch our own, we encounter this problem.

My initial thoughts when I saw this message was a 32bit / 64bit issue, but seems strange that the Event Store is running.

Anyone help?

Steven

projections are unmanaged code (C++) and are compiled for 64 bit

That is unfortunate news.

Thanks for the quick reply.

You *can* compile them for 32 bit. We used to actually ship a 32 bit
version. That said I havn't tried it in years and whether it works on
the first try ... no idea :slight_smile:

Is that something we could get a hold of to try?

We are in a bit of a fix with this issue just now, and would be willing to try this.

Look at the build.cmd note it takes options .. one is 32 bit.
https://github.com/EventStore/EventStore/blob/release-v4.0.0/build.cmd
whether or not it will work is a whole other story (and you have to
use the full build, quick build won't build js1/v8)

OK, thanks.
We will take a look.

Steven, I am sorry to say that you won’t be able to do a full build of Event Store as it requires the compilation of v8 which is a dependency for projections to compile. It’s one of the issues currently in progress to resolve as it requires Event Store’s v8 dependency to be upgraded for the build to work again.
Will drop a note here as soon as the work has been completed.

Apologies for not explaining why Steven. The current build relies on the svn repository of v8 which has been removed. This means that a full build will fail with a repository not found by svn.