Cannot assign requested address

Good day and nice to meet you,

i am just introducing eventstore and for presentation purpose i wanted to setup a secured single node instance in the internet. I am using a ubuntu virtual machine hosted in the azure network. So i followed the instructions on the documentation to setup eventsource on an linux host, but unfortunably i cannot access the web frontend (for TCP connections i have not tried out yet).

I am getting the following error:

Unable to start Kestrel. Fatal i:4234826381 System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.\n at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServerImpl.BindAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)\n at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServerImpl.StartAsync[TContext](IHttpApplication`1 application, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\n at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.GenericWebHostService.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)\n at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.Internal.Host.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)\n at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.RunAsync(IHost host, CancellationToken token)\n at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.RunAsync(IHost host, CancellationToken token)\n at EventStore.ClusterNode.Program.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<g__Run|2>d.MoveNext() in /home/runner/work/TrainStation/TrainStation/build/oss-eventstore/src/EventStore.ClusterNode/Program.cs:line 120

SourceContext":“Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel ProcessId 44993 ThreadId”:1 Error occurred during setup: e @i:95798662 System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.\n at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServerImpl.BindAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)\n at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.KestrelServerImpl.StartAsync[TContext](IHttpApplication`1 application, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\n at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.GenericWebHostService.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)\n at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.Internal.Host.StartAsync(CancellationToken cancellationToken)\n at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.RunAsync(IHost host, CancellationToken token)\n at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostingAbstractionsHostExtensions.RunAsync(IHost host, CancellationToken token)\n at EventStore.ClusterNode.Program.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<g__Run|2>d.MoveNext() in /home/runner/work/TrainStation/TrainStation/build/oss-eventstore/src/EventStore.ClusterNode/Program.cs:line 120",“ProcessId”:44993,“ThreadId”:1}

^[OB{“t”:“2022-01-26T11:46:05.9443719+00:00”,“mt”:“Exiting with exit code: {exitCode}.\nExit reason: {e}”,“l”:“Error”,“i”:3348423431,“exitCode”:1,“e”:“Cannot assign requested address”,“SourceContext”:“EventStore.Common.Utils.Application”,“ProcessId”:45021,“ThreadId”:13}

Is there anyone who have an idea how to go on with the issue or who can tell me what information could be helpful to resolve my problem?

Configuration:

Kind regards,
Sebastian.

could you post your configuration & network setup ?

Configuration is added to the main post recently, what information can i provide you regarding to the network setup? Maybe you can specify that. IP Address and DNS Name you can look up out of the configuration.

Ext IP is a publicely addressable IP , is that IP address actually directly available on that interface ?
Meaning there is probably some natting going between the external world & the private network your machine is in.

Yeah, thank you! That was the reason. The public ip address is not routed directly, it is routed by something existing in azure. I just use the private ip address (which is reflected by the network interface) and now it is working.

I just only have an certificate problem, so my browser (windows) is asking me for an certificate. do you have any article or something else what can explain me what i have to do with this?

Kind regards,
Sebastian

yeah it’s a known issue, you have to click cancel or something and then it should work.
( only once, the browser will remember)
IIRC it’s in chrome / edge , Firefox should not have that issue