'await' broken when installing EventStore.Client.Grpc.Streams

Hello, I’m new to EventStore but when I install 'EventStore.Client.Grpc.Streams nuget package I begin to see errors on valid source code. I get the following error on ‘await’ methods:

Type ‘{System.Threading.Tasks.Task<MyNamespace.Webapi.Models.MyModel>,System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask<MyNamespace.Webapi.Models.MyModel?>}’ is not awaitable

I also get the following error on a ‘DbSet::FirstOrDefaulAsync’ method call (entity framework):

Ambiguous invocation: System.Threading.Tasks.Task<MyNamespace.Webapi.Models.MyModel> FirstOrDefaultAsync<MyNamespace.Webapi.Models.MyModel>(this System.Linq.IQueryable<MyNamespace.Webapi.Models.MyModel>, System.Linq.Expressions.Expression<System.Func<MyNamespace.Webapi.Models.MyModel,bool>>, System.Threading.CancellationToken) (in class EntityFrameworkQueryableExtensions) System.Threading.Tasks.ValueTask<MyNamespace.Webapi.Models.MyModel?> FirstOrDefaultAsync<MyNamespace.Webapi.Models.MyModel>(this System.Collections.Generic.IAsyncEnumerable<MyNamespace.Webapi.Models.MyModel>, System.Func<MyNamespace.Webapi.Models.MyModel,bool>, System.Threading.CancellationToken) (in class AsyncEnumerable) match.

Any idea what’s going on?

UPDATE: I found this thread (with no answer) denoting the same issue: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68251486/eventstore-client-grpc-streams-cause-issue-with-linq-queries-e-g-where-firstord

It would be nice if you can put a sample together in a public repo, as I (for example) have tons of production code using this package, both .NET 5 and .NET 6, and I have never seen it. I don’t use EF though.