Documentation

“But databases are shared by multiple applications, and have schemas” <— not necessarily. Many databases are schemaless and many are not multi-tenanted. We should probably document that though

• Perhaps also more details on backing up, being explicit if hot backups are supported or not when copying the *.chk files.

How would you best describe GES its position?

Say you have 5 services. All of them using event sourcing internally to operate.

Would you have them all point to a single GES cluster, or let each of them have their own cluster?

What’s the advice from you guys?

• Some more documentation on streams like $et and $ce

projections are in beta.

Hi Greg,

I think documenting following would be very helpful:

1. was looking for a way of starting/shutting down Embedded EventStore server for test purposes. Found answer in the following issue on git:

https://github.com/EventStore/EventStore/issues/285, would be nice to have Embedded server documented in greater detail

1. Querying various information: Stream names currently in event store, metadata for events and streams.

2. Projections and how to use them in c#

"3. Projections and how to use them in c#"

projections are in beta.

I swear you’ve said projections are in beta because they aren’t well documented. :slight_smile:

That is one of the large things that needs to be done.

I don’t suppose you have an ETA on projections? I know you probably get this question a lot.